Friday, June 21, 2013

Please Hold for Appaws

Hi all -

I’m running a bit behind with my card for this month’s There She Goes Again feature but I finally have it done.  I had to finish staining my deck while the weather was still nice out.  The forecast for this weekend is thunderstorms and more scattered thunderstorms (boo hiss boo).  So guess who will be staying inside and playing with stamps? Me!

But for now I found a little time to make a card with an oldie but goodie: Jungle Out There.  We are also featuring Flava Sava and Every Child. Make sure to stop by the TSG Blog to see more fabulous samples by the design team using these sets.

TSGA_JungleOutThere_DanielleLounds

I pulled out the leaping lion and the fun “Please hold appaws” stamps from the set to make a congratulatory card.  I started with a piece of Kraft cardstock for the background and then dirtied it with some Gathered Twigs Distress Stain (Ranger). Mr. Lion was stamped twice on ivory cardstock and colored with Copic markers. From one image I just cut out his head and I cut out the entire image from the other.  They were then adhered together with foam dimensionals.

TSGA_JungleOutThere_Closeup1_DanielleLounds

I paired the image with some Forever Young designer paper from Prima and some trims from May Arts. Add a few rhinestones and stitching and I was done.

TSGA_JungleOutThere_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Ahh… making a card with this lion was so much more fun than staining the deck. lol. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)