Friday, June 7, 2013

Something for you

Hiya – popping in with another late night card. It has been a little noisy in my house the last few days with all of the machines running to dry out my downstairs.  Yeah, water damage was a little worse than I thought as they had to rip out the old flooring and a bit of drywall and set up a bunch of air blowers, dehumidifiers and air filters.  Why so extreme?  Because it was the perfect environment to grow… mold.  Eww. That would be bad, especially as I’m allergic to mold.

I’m very fortunate that my insurance is taking care of all of it. Woot. I just have to pay the deductible and put up with the noise… which is why I’m hiding in my craft room making oodles of cards. :D  And I’m excited because tomorrow morning at 8AM sharp they will be here to undo all of the machinery and it will be nice and quiet and I will have power back to my stove (needed the electricity for the noise makers).

In the meantime I will share a pretty with you.  I used a lovely stamp called Love Note Delivery from Whipper Snapper Designs for the focal image on this card.

MailboxAndDaisies_DanielleLounds

The sentiment is from a new go-to-favorite set called All Things With Love.  It is an Anna Wight cling set from Whipper Snapper Designs.

MailboxAndDaisies_Closeup1_DanielleLounds

Lots of little details on this card.  Some pretty silver striped washi tape that peeks out here and there.  A button tied with a bit of twine.  Measurement printed twill tape. Gotta have a few silver pearls and of course some stitching.  I think I moved the pearls around a number of times before I was happy with their placement. :D

MailboxAndDaisies_Closeup2_DanielleLounds

Later gators – I’m off to get some Zzzzs so I can get up bright and early tomorrow. I’m sleepy just thinking about it.

Recipe:
Stamps: Love Note Delivery and All Things With Love – Anna Wight set (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: Pumice Stone Distress (Core’dinations), Choice Snow White (TE), Taffy (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Hipster designer (Basic Grey).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Copic markers.
Accessories: Silver striped washi tape (MT), twill ribbon, button (MFT), Bracket Die (MFT), Twine (May Arts), foam dimensional tape (TE), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Silver Pearls (Queen & Co), Tiny Attacher (idea-ology).

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)