Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sparkly Wings

Hi all -

This week’s There She Goes challenge is to create a CAS (clean-and-simple) card.  I tried. I really tried… but then I kept adding things to my card and it quickly became layered and textured. lol.  As long as you like the end result it is all good, right?

Penelope_WithHouseBackground_DanielleLounds

The main image and sentiment are from the Penelope & Birdcage stamp set.  I created a background from designer paper and a piece of blue cardstock that was die cut with the Townscape die from Sizzix. Penelope was colored with Copic markers and I added Diamond Stickles to her wings for a whole bunch of sparkle.

Penelope_WithHouseBackground_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Even though my card doesn’t fit the challenge it was still fun to make. :D

Recipe:
Stamps: Penelope & Birdcage (There She Goes).
Paper: River Rock (SU!), Candy Bar (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Stormy Sky Distress (Core’dinations), Choice Snow White (TE), Bundle of Joy Boy designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: burlap, Townscape – Tim Holtz Alterations (Sizzix), Diamond Stickles (Ranger), Tiny Attacher (idea-ology), foam dimensional tape, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Natural Twill (May Arts), Green pearls (Queen & Co.).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)