Saturday, July 13, 2013

Friends from the Heart

Hello my crafty friends -

Ready for something fun? It seems like everyone is using sequins so I just had to purchase a few little bags of them myself and see if they are really all that and a box of chocolate. My verdict? I need to purchase a few more colors. lol. ;)

Here is my first project using them: sequins suspended between a couple of clear layers (cut from a Crystal Clear Bag). They will move around but not much… just the way I wanted them.

FriendsFromTheHeart_WithSequins_A_DanielleLounds

My card features a sentiment and an image from the There She Goes Puppy Love stamp set. The framed was created by using a Scallop Square BigZ die to cut out the scalloped panel from designer paper and an exact-o knife was used to cut the opening. I then matted the inside square using black cardstock.  Next I adhered two pieces of plastic to the frame opening, adding some sequins between the layers. Finally I used foam tape to add the embossed green cardstock – gives it some depth.

FriendsFromTheHeart_WithSequins_ACloseup_DanielleLounds

Finished off with a sentiment stapled in place and the main images attached to the frame using more foam dimensionals.

FriendsFromTheHeart_WithSequins_Closeup_DanielleLounds

So what do you think of the sequins and how I used them on this card? I hope you like ‘em because I might just have to use this technique again. :D

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)