Did you hear that Tim Holtz / Ranger are releasing 12 more Distress Markers?! Must. Have. Them. How about you?
You can see the new colors HERE and they are available for pre-order at the Inspiration Emporium. Hmm… maybe I shouldn’t tell you that since I haven’t placed my order for them yet. Leave a set for me, okay? ;)
Just hearing about the new colors inspired my to break out the ones I already have and make a tag. I like to start with a tag when I’m trying new techniques and ideas.
To create the background, I took the following steps:
- Stamp hexagon border from Interlocking Backdrops stamp set (Lawn Fawn) using an embossing ink.
- Heat emboss with a white embossing powder.
- Using four different Distress Markers, scribble across the tag. I used Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint, Dusty Concord and Pumice Stone. The embossed areas will resist picking up the color.
- Blend the ink a bit using a paint brush and water (I used a Water Brush) and let dry.
- Go back with the markers and color in some of the hexagons so that they are darker.
- Embellish the tag. :)
For embellishment I created a sentiment using the Quinn’s ABCs set (Lawn Fawn) and by handwriting “Make A.” I colored the letters with a Tumbled Glass Distress Marker and add some highlights with a white gel pen (used the same pen for the dots). The strip of designer paper is from the Memorable collection by My Mind’s Eye. I then added some pretties to finish the tag: Hinge Clip (Idea-ology), crocheted trim (May Arts), Tiny Attacher (Idea-ology), and a Divine Paper flower (Prima).
Coupon Alert! If you are shopping at the Inspiration Emporium you can use coupon code fatcatstamper for 10% off your order. Throughout my post I’ve linked to some of the products I used to create the tag. :)
Stamps: Interlocking Backdrops and Quinn’s ABCs (Lawn Fawn).
Paper: Taffy (Bazzill Card Shoppe), manila tag, Memorable (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Archival Jet Black (Ranger), VersaMark (Tsukineko), Distress markers (Ranger).
Accessories: Oval Nestaibilties Dies (Spellbinders), crocheted trim (May Arts), Pewter pearls (Kaiser), Hinge Clips, Tiny Attacher (Idea-ology), Divine Paper Flowers (Prima), white embossing powder.