Saturday, July 6, 2013

You Lift Me Up!

Hello and Happy Saturday.  I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.  I was originally planning on painting some Adirondack chairs today but it is way too hot and humid.  Ick – I’ll head to the movies instead.  But before I head out I have a cute card using the new PANDAmonium stamp set from There She Goes.

YouLiftMeUpPandas_DanielleLounds

I used the panda with a balloon and matching sentiment from the set.  I applied a few mixed media mediums to this card to make it interesting.

First, after using the Notebook Paper Die from Taylored Expression on Natural Ivory carstock I sprayed it with Fresh Lime Dylusions Ink Spray.  Once dry I sponged the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

YouLiftMeUpPandas_Closeup1_DanielleLounds

For the next layer I wanted to use a bit of Simple Stories designer paper but it was kind of… distracting. So, I painted it with Gesso to dull its brightness.  Tobi had a great tutorial on this on the TSG Blog earlier this week.  Thanks, Tobi!

The panda’s balloon was paper pieced with more designer paper and then coated with Glossy Accents.  And for a final touch to the image I added Diamond Distress Stickles to her t-shirt.  The card was finished with some stitching, washi tape from Prima, pom pom trim from American Crafts and a few rhinestones from Kaiser.  Love all of the texture. :D

YouLiftMeUpPandas_Closeup2_DanielleLounds

And if one panda card is cute… two of the should make you squee!

YouLiftMeUpPandas_Pair_DanielleLounds

Later gators – hope you have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. This is just too cute. What an adorable panda.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)