Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hello Tag

How about another mixed media tag?  It has only been a couple days since I shared one. :D  For this project I started with a manila tag that I used to soak up the excess Cherry Pie Dylusions Spray from an earlier tag. I have a small pile of tags like these so it was nice to use one.

DTGD_JellyFishGirlTag_DanielleLounds

Of course that wasn’t enough color so I did the following:

  • Applied some Antique Linen Paint to the tag with a foam applicator which softened the look of the Cherry Pie ink.
  • Then using a Prima Stencil and Peeled Paint Distress Paint I stenciled the tag to add the rows of dots.
  • Finally I spritzed the tag with Tempting Turquoise Dylusions Ink Spray for even more texture.

Mmmm… texture.

DTGD_JellyFishGirlTag_Closeup1_DanielleLounds

Once the tag was dry, I added a colored image: Jelly Bug Digital Stamp from Saturated Canary that was colored with Copic markers and touched up with Glossy Accents and Diamond Stickles.

DTGD_JellyFishGirlTag_Closeup2_DanielleLounds

There was still room left on the tag so I added Prima Flowers, May Arts Turquoise ribbon, True Love designer paper (Basic Grey) and Black Thicker Stickers (American Crafts). Oh, and a few black pearls and some smudges of Diamond Stickles here and there.

DTGD_JellyFishGirlTag_Closeup3_DanielleLounds

What do you think?  Like the color scheme?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)