Monday, August 12, 2013

Unicorn Wishes

Hi all – I’m popping in with a card I made a week ago for one of the Dare To Get Dirty challenges at SplitCoast.  I tried for simple… but that didn’t happen at all!

DTGD_MakeAWishUnicorn_DanielleLounds

I created the blue background by stamping the dot image from Mixed Media CMS125 (Stamper's Anonymous) in Broken China Distress Paint. Once dry I sprayed with London Blue and Calypso Teal Dylusions Ink Sprays. I misted with water and blotted the excess ink/water with a paper towel. For a final touch I spritzed with White Linen and then dried the background with a heat tool. After matting on black cardstock I stitched the edges with my sewing machine.

DTGD_MakeAWishUnicorn_Closeup1_DanielleLounds

For the main image, smile-y star, and sentiment I used the Critters Ever After set from Lawn Fawn. I also used the Bannerific stamp set to create the banner - paper piecing it with some designer paper (Swagger by Fancy Pants). I die cut a few pieces using Pinking Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders) for the panel behind the unicorn and a tab die for the sentiment (MFT).

Added some ribbon, pearls, and a bit of Glossy Accents to finish the card.

DSC_0087

Recipe:
Stamps: Mixed Media CMS125 (Stamper's Anonymous), Critters Ever After and Bannerific (Lawn Fawn).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Archival Jet Black (Ranger), Copic markers.
Paper: Ripe Avocado (PTI), Black (MFT), Peanut Cluster (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), Swagger designer (Fancy Pants).
Accessories: Pinking Circle Nestabilties (Spellbinders), tab die (MFT), ric rac and polka dot grosgrain ribbons (May Arts), Glossy Accents (Ranger), pearls, foam tape, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)