Monday, September 9, 2013

Happy Birthday

Hi all, I posted this birthday card to the TSG Blog last week but wanted to share it here too.  Because I love it and I wanted to let you know about the TSG Birthday Celebration taking place this month.  TSG is celebrating their fifth birthday (oh yay) and there are a couple of fabulous games taking place right now; you can find all the details HERE.

CinnamonBirthday_DanielleLounds

For my card I started with the Cinnamon stamp set and some Halloween designer paper. It’s that time of year and I cannot resist Halloween paper pads so I have a ton of it to use up – thus my alternative color scheme for a birthday card. :D

CinnamonBirthday_Closeup1_DanielleLounds

For embellishment I used a bit of burlap loopy twine (May Arts) and some big rhinestones (from a Christmas set of them by My Mind’s Eye). There is also some paper backed burlap.  Awesome stuff but it took four passes through my Big Shot to cut all the way through it with a Spellbinder’s oval die.

CinnamonBirthday_Closeup2_DanielleLounds

Many foam dimensionals and a yard or two of foam dimensional tape were sacrificed to make this card extra bulky.  Okay, that might be an exaggeration but not by much. Heh.

Later gators – check back tomorrow for more inky goodness.

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)