Tuesday, October 29, 2013

SCRSC116: I {heart} skating

Hey peeps – It is time for another Sparkle Creations challenge and I’m continuing the holiday/winter theme. It’s getting cold… I even saw a few snowflakes the other day so this fun card is just in time.

CenterStepCard_IceSkatingChloe_DanielleLounds

For all of the details of the challenge, which is to make a side step or center step card, head over to the Sparkle Creations Blog. You can find Sparkle Creations stamps online at the store HERE.

scrsc116

For my card I used this wonderful tutorial from SplitCoastStampers to make a center step card base.  It only took me three tries to get the cuts and scoring correct – oh yeah, it is not always easy for me. ;)

CenterStepCard_IceSkatingChloe_Y_DanielleLounds

Lots of dimension on this card that I just LOVE.  I can’t believe that I waited so long to make one of these cards – even if it took me three tries. Used many of my usual tricks for making this card: Copic markers for coloring, rhinestone bling, ribbon, and some Stickles/Glossy Accents.

CenterStepCard_IceSkatingChloe_Z_DanielleLounds

Recipe:
Stamps: Ice Skating Chloe (SCRS).
Paper: Icy Mint (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Kraft (MFT), Navy, Choice Snow White (TE), Winter Fun designer (Carta Bella).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Copic markers.
Accessories: rhinestones (My Mind’s Eye), foam tape, twill ribbon (May Arts), vintage seam binding, Glossy Accents and Diamonds Stickles (Ranger), flower, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)