Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Forest of Felt Trees

Hello everyone – It is time for another Sparkle Creations challenge and this one is so much fun.  All you need to do is use felt.  For my take on the challenge I created a small forest of trees cut from various colors felt and embellished with white sequins.

WarmWinterWishFeltTrees_A_DanielleLounds

For all of the details of the challenge head over to the Sparkle Creations Blog. You can find Sparkle Creations stamps online at the store HERE.

scrsc117

My card features Snow Bunny Lucy which I colored with Copic markers and then cut out.  I’m jealous of her boots – it snowed today for the first time and the winter boots I ordered are still a couple of states away.  Needless to say, my toes were a bit chilled on the way home for work tonight. ;)

WarmWinterWishFeltTrees_BCloseup_DanielleLounds

Here’s a close up of the trees that I cut out with scissors. The tree trunks were cut from a scrap of corrugated tile paper. A little designer paper behind the trees completed the scene. Easy peasy. :D

WarmWinterWishFeltTrees_CCloseup_DanielleLounds

Recipe:
Stamps: Snow bunny Lucy (SCRS).
Paper: Marshmallow (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Kraft (MFT), Choice Snow White (TE), Merry designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Copic markers.
Accessories: sequins, foam tape, wool blend felt, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)