Saturday, November 9, 2013

Holiday Cheer

I was just thinking today that I’m a bit behind this year. I haven’t bought a single Christmas gift yet and I haven’t started half a dozen projects for decorating the house for the Holidays. Ah well, it is only the second week of November. ;)  On the upside, I have found the swing of creating Christmas/winter cards and I have yet another wintry one to share with you tonight.

LookingForASnowballFight_DanielleLounds

This lovely features two stamp sets that were released by TSG last year: Holiday Cheer and Snow Globe. I love this image – the little girl looks so sweet but you just know she is packing a whole lot of fire power.  Watch out! :)

Per my usual, the images were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic markers. I’m still on a red scarf kick so that dictated the color scheme for this card. I pulled out the Liquid Applique and some glitter to bedeck her hat and then added more glitter to the snowballs. For a final touch I added some rhinestones.

Behind the snow globe there is some pretty Echo Park designer paper, a bit of retired SU! ribbon and a touch of washi tape.

LookingForASnowballFight_Z_DanielleLounds

In other news, I did a bit of shopping today and picked up a Gelli Plate. Have you heard of them and seen them in action? I had a bit of fun making a few prints, but I will admit that the first one was an eyesore – atrociously bad! ;) I still need to learn a lot but I’ll be incorporating the two prints I made and like into a couple of future projects. Fun! :)

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)