Friday, November 22, 2013

Newton’s Nook Designs: Cold Outside

Hiya – I’m back with another post today and shocker it is another winter card. What can I say? I have a weakness for cute snowmen images.

This one is from the recently released Frozen Friends set by Newton’s Nook Designs.

NNS_FeaturingFrozenFriends_DanielleLounds

For the layout, I used the new Inky Paws Challenge sketch as inspiration.  You can get all of the details on the challenge on the Newton’s Nook Designs Blog.

InkyPaws_05

I made a simple winter scene using a couple of dies – cloud border to create the snow banks behind the snowmen and cloud dies to create a couple of clouds from designer paper.  I used Picket Fence Distress Stickles to add some shimmer to the snow.

NNS_FeaturingFrozenFriends_YCloseup_DanielleLounds

Added a few embellishments here and there: washi tape, bit of ric rac ribbon, and a few enamel dots (need to get more of these in different colors).

NNS_FeaturingFrozenFriends_ZCloseup_DanielleLounds

Thanks for stopping by!  I’ll be back later this weekend with more crafty inspiration. :D

2 comments:

  1. That very cute and sweet card. Love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Danielle! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at NND! The sweet clouds really create a cute scene!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)