Thursday, November 21, 2013

Newton’s Nook Designs: Warm Wishes Tags

Hello -
I took a peek at the weather forecast for this weekend and now I’m super glad for the following: flannel sheets on the bed, new car with heated seats, and toasty warm winter boots! Now I just need to stock up on hot cocoa and chili makings.

Speaking of staying warm, I have a couple of warm wishes gift tags featuring images from the new Snow Day stamp set by Newton’s Nook Designs.

SnowDayTreatBags_A_DanielleLounds

I added some chocolate to a couple of gift bags (yeah, there is some in that first one… just not much, but I’ll add more later) and clipped the tags to the tops using some mini clothespins.

SnowDayTreatBags_BCloseup_DanielleLounds
I used a different image on each tag and switched up the color scheme just a tiny bit, orange for the penguin and pink for the snow bear.

Each image was stamped first on Kraft and cut out using a circle die and then stamped a second time on white cardstock, colored and then cut out using scissors.

For the penguin I added a shimmery ice rink using some metallic silver paint. I added Liquid Applique to his hat, Glossy Accents to his nose and white dots to his scarf and hat using a gel pen.

SnowDayTreatBags_CCloseup_DanielleLounds
For the snow bear I created a snow bank using Liquid Applique and then dusting with fine glitter. I added Glossy Accents to his buttons and white dots to his cheeks using a gel pen.

The warm wishes sentiment was stamped on designer paper and cut out using a chat bubble die (MFT).  Behind the main image I added some burlap stitched onto a pale blue piece of cardstock. A few rhinestones, a bit of ribbon and a die cut tag was all I needed to finish.

Oh, and of course some foam dimensionals to adhered the main elements to the tag base.

SnowDayTreatBags_DSideView_DanielleLounds
Hmm… I wonder if the chocolate is still good. Maybe I should perform some quality control tests.  Hee hee hee.

4 comments:

  1. so so so cute!!! love those images and as tags on the cutest goodie bags ever, they're even more adorable!! i love all of the details with the glossy accents, snow and colring! wow!! you really know how to make them shine!! and i'm in LOVE with the stitched on burlap!! eek! love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable your tags are; simply, completely and totally adorable! Colours, colouring, the speech bubbles and the snow = super fabulous. As for the candy: if you need a second opinion on the quality control, I'd be delighted to help out! Thanks for sharing your amazing creativity with us!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cute!! I love the images that you used for the tags. Perfect for winter treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just too cute! The burlap looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)