Thursday, November 28, 2013

TSG Blog Hop: Be Merry and a Happy Thanksgiving

Hi all – first I want to wish all of my US friends a very Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you have a festive day with your dear ones and may the mashed potatoes and gravy be plentiful (my favorites).

Next – I’m excited to share another stamp set that There She Goes will be releasing this month.  And it was illustrated by me. Woo hoo! I really hope you like this one!

Be Merry Blog Hop Challenge

Our second set from new illustrator Danielle Lounds (that is me) find’s us celebrating the holidays with her unique style of combining handwritten sentiments, with super cute images.

DanielleLoundsLogoForIllustrating

Be Merry is a 4x8 set that includes a total of 9 stamps and will sell for $18.00. It will be released on Saturday, November 30th at 11pmEST.

BeMerryCard_A_DanielleLounds

I used the snowflake image to create a quick card.  I did do a bit of embellishing by added glitter to the snowflakes after coloring with Copic markers.

BeMerryCard_BCloseup_DanielleLounds

The layout is simple with just a bit texture added via enamel dots and black ribbon that I pleated once and stitched in place.

BeMerryCard_CCloseup_DanielleLounds

And a bonus project for you! This time I used the small tag image and one of the sentiments to decorate a goodie bag filled with some of my fave holiday candies.

BeMerryGiftBag_A_DanielleLounds

The top of the bag was folder over and a strip of designer paper was stapled to the front. I then added a small piece of washi tape and tied the tag onto the bag (I did use a foam dimensional behind the tag to hold it in place). For a final touch I added a few sequins in a contrasting color. Very quick and easy!

BeMerryGiftBag_BCloseup_DanielleLounds

Would you like to win the new Be Merry stamp sets? Here is what you need to do- visit the Trendsetter’s blogs that are participating in each of the blog hop challenges below and comment on their creations as you go. One of the Trendsetter’s blogs (from each hop day) will be randomly chosen as the ‘it’ blog and a winner will be picked using a random number generator from the comments left on that Trendsetter’s Blog Hop Challenge post. 

You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning new stamps! The Blog Hop Challenges will be open until 5 PM Eastern Time Saturday, November 30th with the winner being announced during the release party chat.

24 comments:

  1. ooooo,Danielle!!! this is awesome. love your new set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card--I like the glittery snow flakes. Cute treat bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects! I have already inked up your last set and can't wait for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects were super cute. Think I am going to love this set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects, Danielle. I can't wait to see the whole set :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love the fun sentiment and the sparkly snowflake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love your stamps, they are very joyfull.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, so lovely, really caught eye. I feel a "must have" coming on.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so super fun--love the glittery snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those glittery snow flakes and the treat bag

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards! Love the fonts on the sentiments, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards. Love how you colored the sentiment on the first one. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute projects...shiny snowflakes are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely. Very simple and elegant.
    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGosh you are illustrating! Congrat's!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great fun designs. Really like your hand drawn sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the snowflakes and sentiment. great card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this set, love sentiments that will take added color. Really hope to see more of your illustrations in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE the doodle stamps! This are WONDERFUL! I LOVE your set!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)