Friday, December 6, 2013

Deck the Halls with Inky Paws Blog Hop

Hello everyone!
I have a super fun post for today. I’m playing along with the Newton’s Nook Design Team with a holiday blog hop.
NND_HolidayHop
I’m always in need of a few gift tags this time of the year, so I used the Snow Day stamp set to make a winter-y tag.

SnowDayTag_A_DanielleLounds
First, here is how I created the colorful background on the tag. I scribbled on a plain manila tag with Gelatos (Cotton Candy, Blueberry, Boysenberry, and Metallic Blueberry).

GelatosTag_Dripped1_DanielleLounds
I then spritzed with water until the colors started to run. I used a water brush to help blend the colors just a bit.

GelatosTag_Dripped2_DanielleLounds
Finally used a heat tool to dry the tag and set the colors. Very fast and easy, although a touch messy.

GelatosTag_Dripped3_DanielleLounds
To decorate I spelled out “Snow day” using some foam letter stickers (Thickers by American Crafts). I then stamped the snow bear image above the words and then stamped a second time on white cardstock that was colored, cut out and adhered over the first image. I added some Liquid Applique along the base of the snow bear and Glossy Accents to his nose and buttons.

SnowDayTag_BCloseup_DanielleLounds
The pictures don’t show it well but the background is very shimmery. For a final touch I stamped some snowflakes here and there using Watercan Archival Ink (Ranger) and added rhinestones to their centers.  Finally I stamped a sentiment on Kraft and popped it up above the “snow” and added some ribbon (May Arts).

SnowDayTag_CCloseup_DanielleLounds
Would you like to win a $10 coupon for Newton's Nook Designs online shop?
We will be choosing Two lucky winners!
Here's how to win: Comment on the Design Team Member and Guest blogs (see list below)! One winner will be chosen at random from the collective blogs in the blog hop. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Sunday, December 8th at 9 pm CST to comment  -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Monday, December 9th.
Make sure you check out all the blogs below to enter:

31 comments:

  1. I've been eye-balling those Gellatos for quite awhile now; they look SO fun to work with! Your tag is gorgeous, and thank you for the Tutorial, too - an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really neat! Great background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Tag! I'm loving that gelato background. I have some gelatos called out to be played with -- now just to find the time! Thanks so much for hopping along with us today- your tag is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love to see techniques. You are so talented.

    Rebecca
    brrck@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! The Gelatos are so vibrant!
    Love this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tag! i love seeing the process that goes into such cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how adorable your snowbear is, and the background is perfect! Love this!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE! Love the fake snow on the bottom of the snowman and the lil sign on the sentiment. Great touches.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you made that background. Very cool idea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super adorable tag!! Love the background!!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing and happy to be hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job of coloring the background. It really reflects the cold. Love the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Diva of tags strikes again! This looks beautiful! I love how you created the gradient sky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The snow bear is totally cute on that gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun projects thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tag! First I never knew Gelatos had color names. Now I need to go label mine. I love all the touches you did to your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you made the background! Such a great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous background and super sweet tag!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute tag and great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a FUN tag!! I LOVE your design!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the effect of the gelatos on the background - I have to try those, someday! Beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  21. BEAUTIFUL background! Loooove it! I sort of forgot about my gelatos...can't wait to take them out now!!! I love that snow beat image too! So so cute!!! Stunning tag all around!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute - love the snow bear.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loved the technique! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great background. This stamp set arrived in my mailbox last week. Hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Neat technique. The background really allows the snowbear to stand out. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your tag is sooo cute. TFS.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this tag...the use of the watercolour look to create the drip look under the letters is genius!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)