Friday, February 14, 2014

You Moooove Me

Hello – How about a last minute valentine in celebration of the day?

YouMoveMe_A_DanielleLounds

This card started with me wanting to try a new-to-me-technique of combining embossing paste and glitter.

I was in the mood for a geometric look but did not have the perfect stencil, however the Chevron Cover Plate (Taylored Expressions) was exactly the style I wanted. So I used it to die cut a piece of cardstock to create the perfect stencil (and no cleanup once done because I could just toss the messy cardstock).

I then applied Translucent Embossing Paste (Dreamweaver) to light pink cardstock using the stencil as the guide. While the stencil was still in place and the embossing paste was wet I dusted the entire piece of cardstock with Spun Sugar Distress Glitter (Ranger). I finished by pulling off the stencil and letting the embossed cardstock dry.

Look at all of the glittery goodness!

YouMoveMe_BCloseup_DanielleLounds

I was in the mood for fun so I paired the glittery background with a cow image from the Critters on the Farm stamp set (Lawn Fawn). I went with a strawberry/vanilla milkshake theme while coloring the cow. Mooooo. Now I want some ice cream…

YouMoveMe_CCloseup_DanielleLounds

Enjoy and check back in a couple hours for more crafty goodness.

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! I love the layout and the textures you created!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)