Thursday, March 27, 2014

Blooming Blocks

Hello -

So I jumped onto the ATB – Artist Trading Block – bandwagon and ordered some of the cube ScoreBoard dies from Sizzix (Inspiration Emporium is carrying them). I just couldn’t resist after seeing the amazing projects that designers are creating.

For my first try I used one of the smallest cubes as a base from some flower pots and flowers. Take a look…

PottedFlowerATB_A_DanielleLounds

Just right for Spring! The flower pots and flowers were cut using the Bloom Where You’re Planted die set (Taylored Expressions). I used Peeled Paint and Pumice Stone Distress Paints as well as Diamond Stickles to add some texture to the flowers.

The cubes, after being cut out and assembled, were painted with Scattered Straw and Mustard Seed Distress Paints. Once dry I added pieces of Happy Go Lucky designer paper to each side.

PottedFlowerATB_B_DanielleLounds

I stamped a couple of sentiments on green cardstock that were cut out using the Fly Your Flags 2 die (Taylored Expressions). For a final touch I added Letterpress Block embellishments that I grunged up a bit using Distress Paint.

PottedFlowerATB_C_DanielleLounds

So what do you think? Fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)