Saturday, April 12, 2014

C4C231: Most Egg-celent

Hello – It’s time for another challenge from Crazy 4 Challenges! With Easter quickly approaching we are going with an egg theme this week. For all the details and more inspiration head over to the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog.

C4CEggs_EasterBunny_A_DanielleLounds

For my card I used a couple of cute stamps from Easter Doodles (Taylored Expressions) for the bunny image and the sentiment. To create the background I painted some watered down Distress Paint (Ranger) onto watercolor cardstock. In particular, I used these new colors: Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, and Tattered Rose. Once dry I added a bit more texture by stamping a script image in Watering Can Archival Ink (Ranger). Note - to tone the gray a bit I stamped off once before stamping on the watercolor paper.

Next I stamped the bunny and sentiment onto the background. I stamped a second bunny on Choice Snow White cardstock, colored with Copic markers, and cut out.

C4CEggs_EasterBunny_BCloseup_DanielleLounds

To finish I chomped some corners and adhered the layers together with foam. Hope you enjoyed this card. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. love the watercolor wash effect on the bkgd....sweet bunny too

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sweetest card. Love the bunny and the wonderful colors and bg text. I'm happy to be joining you girls for the month of April.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)