Monday, April 21, 2014

Inspiration Emporium Easter Hunt!

Hello!

I have a fun post to share today! The Inspiration Emporium is having an Easter Hunt and this is the third and final day of clues. Each stop on the hunt has a letter to be found, and my letter is “L”.

EasterHuntLetterL_A_DanielleLounds

There is a fabulous prize – 3 seats in an online card class!

Watercolor-Peek

For my tag the very glittery “L” is front and center. I started with a grungeboard diecut and covered it with Peeled Paint Distress Paint. Once dry I added a thick coating of Glossy Accents and then covered the entire letter with Peeled Paint Distress Glitter.

For the next layer I die cut a pieced of Dried Marigold Core’dinations cardstock and sponged the edges with Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink. I matted with black cardstock and finished by adding the “L” and Chit Chat Stickers.

For the colorful background on the tag I painted a piece of water color paper with Ripe Persimmon, Festive Berries, and Peeled Paint Reinkers. I did dilute the colors with a bit of water before painting them onto the tag. This layer was also matted with black cardstock. I also added some stitching using white thread and my sewing machine.

EasterHuntLetterL_BCloseup_DanielleLounds

I thought a touch or two of a contrasting color would be nice, so I added a few aqua enamel dots and a painted a Game Piece with Peacock Feathers Distress Paint. Behind the watercolor panel is a piece of zigzag washi tape. I finished by topping the tag with some Lime seam binding and a mini clip.

EasterHuntLetterL_CCloseup_DanielleLounds

You can find the next clue on Joy’s Twitter account: @joykennedy4. Have fun hunting! And if you want to start the hop from the beginning or find out more information, head over to the Inspiration Emporium Blog.

Here are a few of the products I used to make my tag:

6 comments:

  1. Love your tag and love the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the vibrant colors in yout tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done. Thanks for the hint...am enjoying the hunt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glitter and paint splatter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag! The background is gorgeous. Thanks for the "egg"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy colors on your beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)