Tuesday, April 29, 2014

IPC9: A Soft Hello

Hello Crafty Friends!

I’m home today. No work for me. Instead I’m hanging with the electrician as he fixes a few things around my house, including the light fixture in my craft room. Woot! Soon I will actually have a working light instead of having to surround my desk with a bunch of lamps. It is the little things that make me happy. Ha ha.

SoftHelloWithHexes_A_DanielleLounds

Over the weekend I made this soft card for the latest Newton’s Nook Challenge: #09 Color Challenge. Thought it was the perfect opportunity to use one of their new sets I bought: Versatile Vases.

NND_IPC09_color

I’m still on a white kick so I paired the pastel colors in the challenge with a lot of white. I used the Tim Holts Honeycomb Frameworks die to cut out a strip from white cardstock and a bunch of designer papers. I adhered the pieces to another piece of white cardstock. To soften the colors of the designer paper I dry brushed some white gesso over the panel.

I stamped the vase and flower image on the main white panel and then a second time on another piece of white cardstock. I colored the second image and cut out the vase and flowers. To make the vase look glassy, I coated the entire image with VersaMark and then heat embossed with Ultra Thick Clear Embossing Powder.

SoftHelloWithHexes_BCloseup_DanielleLounds

Added some enamel dots and a bit of twine before adhering the main panel to a white card base with foam tape. Oh, and added a sentiment of course.

SoftHelloWithHexes_CCloseup_DanielleLounds

Hope you are having a great day. Mine will be fabulous with a new working light.

2 comments:

  1. This is Soooo pretty! I love how you used the soft colors in the challenge photo! The hexagon pattern is very fun too! Thanks for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Love everything about your card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)