I have to admit that I’m a big fan of flower images. They are much ‘hardier’ than the real things. Lol. This Perfect Peony image from Wendi Vecchi just had to be added to my collection. It comes with a matching stencil but I didn’t use that on this card.
The flower was stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers before being cut out. I added some shimmer using a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter pen. Behind the flower is an artsy panel that I created – here are some basic steps:
1. Start with Adirondack Alcohol Ink and apply Alcohol Inks, using Blending Solution to blend the colors together.
2. Using the Chevron Layering Stencil and Dina Wakley – Tangerine Acrylic paint stencil a couple of orange arrows and let dry.
3. Layer on black cardstock, rounding a few corners first, and then add stitching.
4. Add a few remnant rubs here and there.
5. Attach the layers with foam tape and dots.
6. Finish by adding a few sequins here and there.
The silver alcohol ink has a ton of metallic shimmer that is delightful!
Hope you enjoyed today’s project. If you have any questions just let me know!
Coupon Alert! If you are shopping at the Inspiration Emporium you can use coupon code fatcatstamper for 10% off your order. Pictured below are links to some of the products I used to create this card.