Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Wish Big

Hello! After my last project I thought you might appreciate something a bit less complicated. Lol. So, for today’s project I have a card I made using the new Doodle Borders stamp set from Taylored Expressions (one of my illustrations).

DoodleBorders2_ACard_DanielleLounds

I embraced white on this card. First by stamping the arrow border in Clear Emboss It ink and then heat embossing with white embossing powder. I repeated this until the watercolor paper was completely covered with arrows.

Next I took several Distress Ink Reinkers and watercolored the background. Once painted I misted with a bit of water and then heat set. I had some extra blobs of color on my craft mat so I smushed the paper into them to add some splotches of color here and there. Once dry I embellished with a bit of jute and adhered the panel to a 5” white card base.

I stamped a sentiment onto a white die cut circle and cut some stars from white cardstock. Adhered them to the card using foam dots and glue. Finished with a few white satin sequins.

DoodleBorders2_Bcloseup_DanielleLounds

Hope you enjoyed this card. Would love to hear what you think. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Doodle Borders, Many Minis - Occasions
Dies: Seeing Stars (TE), Circle (Spellbinders)
Paper: watercolor, Marshmallow (Bazzill)
Ink: Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, and Mowed Lawn Reinkers (Ranger), Peacock Feathers Distress Ink (Ranger) Clear Emboss It (Ranger).
Accessories: White embossing powder (SU!), sequins, foam tape (TE), burlap string (May Arts)

2 comments:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)