Saturday, July 19, 2014

C4C245: You are capable of…

Hello Crafty Friends -

It is the third Saturday of the month which means it is time for another sketch challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges. You can find all the details of the challenge and more samples there.

C4C245_WonderfulThings_A_DanielleLounds

Here is the sketch that my card is based. I only made a few small tweaks to it. Instead of the little banner in front of the main panel I added a flower and twine. I also overlapped the two horizontal strips and offset the enamel dots a bit. I think the sketch is still recognizable though!

C4C245-Sketch

I stamped a sentiment from Chalkboard Greetings Too (MFT) in VersaMark and embossed with Rose Antiquities Embossing Powder (Ranger). Because the embossing powder doesn’t contrast much from the Kraft it was a pain to take a picture so that you can see the words clearly. It is much easier to read in person. I then die cut the panel using Stitched Circle Dies (MFT).

C4C245_WonderfulThings_B_DanielleLounds

This is one of those cards that took a bit of trial and error before I was happy with the look. I originally used ribbon instead of the corrugated cardstock but didn’t like it so I tried another ribbon which I also didn’t like. But the third choice was the charm. Once I had the corrugated strips and the main panel decided the rest of the card was pretty easy. I just had to pick a contrasting color to tone down the pink a bit.

C4C245_WonderfulThings_C_DanielleLounds

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww - what a great take on the sketch! I really like the kraft strips angled like that. SUCH a cute card.
    Cheers
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you tweaked the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the focus on the sentiment....the corrugated panels and how they are angled rather than straight

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)