Wednesday, July 30, 2014

SPD: Hey Kid Altered Box

Hey sweet friends -

Welcome to our Monthly ProjectPea Blog Hop!!

Each month we challenge our fabulous team of ProjectPea Designers to create FUN & CREATIVE projects that are sure to make you look at your stamp sets with brand new eyes!

10530707_10152596517179847_3807573152290668477_n

Our team has pulled out all of the stops with a variety of projects that will spark YOUR creativity. Click through to each of their blogs (listed at the end of my post) to see the FUN they have dreamed up. Leave a little blog love for the team and one lucky commenter will WIN a $15 Gift Certificate to the SPD Boutique.

For my project I decided to alter a paper mache star box. I can always use a special gift box to hold a special gift.

JulyStarBox_A_DanielleLounds

I went for a bright and cute look! Here is a bit of the process for making this cute box:

  • I started with a paper mache star box and painted the top green and the bottom teal.
  • There is an insert in the lid that you can remove, so I did so and covered it with designer paper.
  • Once the paint was dry I added dots of Lime Liquid Pearls (Ranger) along the outside edge of the lid.
  • I then die cut a couple of clouds and a sun (Lawn Fawn). I actually cut two sets and then layered them together so that the embellishments would be sturdy.
  • I coated the clouds with Glossy Accents and sprinkled with Clear Rocky Candy Fine Glitter (Ranger).

JulyStarBox_BCloseup_DanielleLounds

  • I stamped a little goat from Totes Ma Goats on Choice Snow White cardstock, colored with Copic markers and cut out.
  • Stamped the matching sentiment on green cardstock and trimmed to size.
  • Die cut a stitched circle (MFT) from kraft cardstock.
  • Assembly: once the clouds were dry I began adhering all the pieces to the box top using foam dimensional tapes and liquid adhesive.
  • Added in a few sequins and a bit of olive burlap ribbon (May Arts for a final touch).

JulyStarBox_CCloseup_DanielleLounds

Stamps and sentiments are from the Totes Ma Goats set which you can find in the shop HERE.

10291779_10152135014811868_4048759039847986182_n

Check out the rest of the team for more fun projects:

37 comments:

  1. Never been a real fan of goats...but these little goat stamps are so cute! I love the star shaped box, amazing!!! Your blog is so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been a real fan of goats...but these little goat stamps are so cute! I love the star shaped box, amazing!!! Your blog is so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable and I love the colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is A-dorable!!! Love the bright colors and fun die cuts you added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little Billy Goat is adorable! It makes me smile! Love the colors you used! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I like the sunny scene you created for this cute goat on the star shaped box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This entire scene is adorable, and it love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This entire scene is adorable, and it love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous box card! love how all the elements come together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooo CUTE, Danielle! I love the adorable scene and the altered box looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love this little goat -- he's too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors you chose for your box! And the goat stamp and sentiment is perfect for a child's birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the great bright colours and your wonderful colouring of the goat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a HAPPY box and it makes me smile just looking at it!! I love the colors and the woodgrain DT in the star window cut-out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That star box with the "kid" on it is a great project! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! I love the shape of the box and the scene you created with the die cuts and the goat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Completely in love with this box! Love the bright colours and the stamp set used is so cute! In fact, the box is a lovely gift in itself!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! Love the star shape box to go with this fun stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  19. the box is beautiful. Love the colors. I've used the kid and he works out darling on my greeting cards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it Danielle! I love the colors and how the dp you used gives the look of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute, Danielle! Love the colors and the stitched die cute. They really compliment your adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, how cute!
    Love the sequins
    and ribbon and
    the little dots
    you added.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute, I really love the color combination and that little goat is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic idea for a gift box!! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is adorable! I love how you jazzed up this star box.

    ReplyDelete
  26. SUPER creative, love the bright colors!! FUN images, LOVE them to bits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just love that goat set. The box is darling !

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your box! I really like all the dimension and it would make a great birthday box instead of wrapping paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a darling box. Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is just too cute - clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is the cutest little box - love the neon green and the goat.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so cute and I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is just too cute! Love the bright colors and the fun dies that create such a cute little scene.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Pretty and adorable all rolled into one! Love it! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)