Saturday, August 16, 2014

C4C249: Watercolor Thanks

Hello -

It is the third Saturday of the month which means it is time for a sketch challenge from Crazy 4 Challenges. This one was a bit of a doozy for me but I made it work and there is something interesting about this card… no black. That is almost as rare as no stamping. ;)

C4C249_ThanksWatercolored_A_DanielleLounds

Here is a look at the sketch. I was very create with the shapes I used for a couple of elements.

C4C249Sketch

Lots of detail on this card, so I will break it down for you:

1. Stamped “thanks” from Chit Chat (Paper Smooches) in Memento Luxe Pigment Ink. Once dry I filled in the open areas in the letters with Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen and Glossy Accents.

2. The background was created by stamping the large image from CMS106 Papillon (Stampers Anonymous) in Versamark and heat setting with white embossing powder. I then used a Sakura Koi Watercolor set to color the background. Let dry and then trimmed to size.

3. To create the top layer of the sketch I cut a piece of white cardstock with the Medium Scallop Border, trimmed its length, and then stitched it to the top of the watercolor panel.

C4C249_ThanksWatercolored_B_DanielleLounds

4. For that bottom most element of the sketch instead of adding a little rectangle I die cut a butterfly (Taylored Expressions) from green cardstock and added it there.

5. For the main panel I used a large pink button for the circle element of the sketch and added another butterfly.

C4C249_ThanksWatercolored_C_DanielleLounds

6. For the finishing touches I added some ivory jute (May Arts) and a few white sequins. They always add some fun texture to a card.

C4C249_ThanksWatercolored_D_DanielleLounds

Hope you enjoyed my colorful take on the sketch. For more amazing inspiration head over to the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)