Saturday, August 30, 2014

C4C251: A Hearty Thanks

Hello – I’m back with another post. I had a lot to share this month and next month is looking just as busy. :)

I missed out on playing along with the ladies at Crazy 4 Challenges last week. Had a bit of last minute illustrating work to do. But I’m back this week to join in the challenge to make a project using the provided inspiration piece. Here is my take:

C4C251_HeartyThanks_A_DanielleLounds

And here is a look at the inspiration piece. I was inspired by the soft colors and the distressed container in the photo. You can find all of the details on the challenge and more inspiration on the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog.

C4C251

(Photo Credit)

I used the Woodgrain Backdrops set from Lawn Fawn for the background, hearts, and sentiment. First I colored some watercolor paper with Sakura Koi Watercolors and once dry I stamped the hearts, creating 2 of each color. I then cut them out using a pair of scissors. Next I stamped the woodgrain background in Soft Granite Ink (Hero Arts) on Taffy cardstock (Bazzill Card Shoppe). Trimmed to size, round the corners and adhered to a white card base using foam tape. It was a bit too strong in color, so I dry brushed white acrylic paint here and there. The hearts were adhered in place with foam dimensionals. I used two foam dots on some of the hearts so that they are even higher than the others. To bring it all together I mixed more of the white paint with a bit of water and spattered here and there. For a final touch a handful of white sequins were added.

C4C251_HeartyThanks_B_DanielleLounds

Hope you enjoyed my take on the challenge this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)