Thursday, August 21, 2014

Decide what to be

Hello crafters – Only one more work day left in the week and I’m excited for it to be the weekend. I have a to do list I should tackle but I might procrastinate a bit and spend some time in the craft room. I have some new stamps that just need to be inked. How about you? Any fun plans for the weekend or do you have a new favorite product you just can’t wait to use? Recently I added the Sakura Koi Watercolors to my collection and used them to create the watercolored background on this card:

DTGD14_DecideToBe_A_DanielleLounds

Some details on the card: Stamped the arrow border from Doodled Borders (Taylored Expressions) in Versamark on watercolor paper and heat set with white embossing powder. Repeated until the piece was completely filled with arrows. Then used Sakura Koi watercolors to add a rainbow of color. Once dry I layered on black cardstock.

DTGD14_DecideToBe_BCloseup_DanielleLounds

Stamped a sentiment in black on vellum and wrapped it around the main panel. Finished with a few glittery enamel dots and some baker's twine.

DTGD14_DecideToBe_CCloseup_DanielleLounds

And that is it for me tonight! I’ll check back in tomorrow with another work to inspire you!

Recipe
Stamps: Doodle Borders (Taylored Expressions), Chalkboard Greetings Too (MFT)
Paper: watercolor paper, vellum, Black Soot (Core'dinations), Marshmallow (Bazzill Card Shoppe)
Paper Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Ink: Archival Jet Black (Ranger), VersaMark (Tsukineko), Sakura Koi watercolors
Accessories: white embossing powder, heat tool, black baker's twine (The Twinery), corner chomper (We R Memory Keepers), glitter enamel dots (My Mind's Eye), foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)