Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Project Pea Blog Hop: Tackle Anything

Hey sweet friends -

Welcome to our Monthly ProjectPea Blog Hop!!

Each month we challenge our fabulous team of ProjectPea Designers to create FUN & CREATIVE projects that are sure to make you look at your stamp sets with brand new eyes!

10530707_10152596517179847_3807573152290668477_n

Our team has pulled out all of the stops with a variety of projects that will spark YOUR creativity. Click through to each of their blogs (listed at the end of my post) to see the FUN they have dreamed up. Leave a little blog love for the team and one lucky commenter will WIN a $15 Gift Certificate to the SPD Boutique.

For my project I decided to create a small mini book of to do lists… or rather “to tackle lists”.

TackleAnythingToDoListBook_A_DanielleLounds

To start I cut some chipboard 5.5” tall and about 6” wide. I used a Sizzix On the Edge die to add the scallops. I then finished trimming the covers to the same size. Next I covered each cover with designer paper and sanded off the excess, used some small files to get into the nooks and crannies.

TackleAnythingToDoListBook_B_DanielleLounds

To decorate the cover I used the Great Catch stamp set and embellished with some enamel dots, a bit of designer paper, washi tape, and a flair badge.

TackleAnythingToDoListBook_C_DanielleLounds

On to the inside… I designed some “To tackle list” pages in Adobe Illustrator and printed them (4 per page). I cut them down to 5.25” tall by 4.25” wide. Once all of the pages were trimmed I punched the cover and pages with the Bind-it-All and assembled with 1” brown o-rings. Added a pad of Post-its to the inside cover and attached a flag clip to be used to mark the current page.

TackleAnythingToDoListBook_D_DanielleLounds

And a close up of a page.

TackleAnythingToDoListBook_E_DanielleLounds

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed my little project this month. For more inspiration check out the rest of the Project Pea team:

Stamps used:

10294245_10152135008996868_3081847080316656324_n

27 comments:

  1. Cool book Danielle :)
    To tackle list... perfect for the sweet image :)
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing project! Love the idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea , everyone needs a lovely book like this to stay organized

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project!! Love the ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great "to do" book! And I bet you will tackle a lot more using it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for a to do book. You did an awesome job with it. Love that little raccoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love little note books like these. What a fabulous project and super cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful project! Great idea, thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so in love with this you have NO idea!! I feel so uncreative that I didn't think of this myself!! I'm a To Do List Junkie!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an awesome project Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great idea and a super cute little book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic idea and this stamp/sentiment is just perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever to do list book! Love the fishing theme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool to do list Danielle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a fun and cute project - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tackle sounds like too much work. I liked to-do list better. Whatever it is, your book is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such an adorable to do list book, love the fishing/tackle theme!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh gosh, this is so darn cute, I'd wanna jot down all sorts of tasks to tackle just so I could look at it!!! :D Absolutely darling and super creative!!! Thanks so much for the great inspiration Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh so cute!
    Great idea and
    would be fun
    to use.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a cute little notebook. The little critter is adorable and the sentiment is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute idea and the stamp fits right into the idea of the sentiment.
    thanks for sharing a cute project.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, this is amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So adorable! Great idea to make a notebook cover! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is sooo super cute, Danielle....such a darling design with that adorable image and all the wonderful details...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This would make a great gift..who wouldnt want to write in this cute mini book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)