Hello crafters -
I was a busy bee crafting all weekend long. However most of it I cannot show you until next week during the Taylored Expressions release. In the meantime I did play along with the latest Compendium of Curiousities 3 Challenge to use an Assemblage Clock. You can check out all the details of the challenge HERE and I just want to mention that The Funkie Junkie Boutigue is sponsoring the challenge with a fabulous prize.
Right off the bat I had to answer one question: Halloween or Christmas? As you can tell from my very orange paint job I went with a spooky theme. By the way, I was very lazy and did not disassemble the clock to paint it. I was just very very careful to not completely cover the glass front with paint.
Paint Job Details:
1. Multiple coats of Dina Wakley Media Paint in Tangerine mixed with just a bit of Black Gesso. I had no patience so I used a Heat Tool to dry the paint between coats.
2. Extra thick coating of Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint.
3. Once crackled (I suffered and waited for this to air dry) I sponged the clock with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.
* Note: Some of the crackle fell off as it didn’t stick the greatest to the acrylic paint in a few places. And it even caused the orange to crack in a few places. All in all the finish is a bit *delicate* in places but I love how grungy/distressed/old it looks.
The innards: first off I wanted to level the ground but how? I started by crumpling up some Melange Tissue Wrap but that was too bulky so I had the bright idea to fold it and then cut it into shreds with my scissors. Perfect!
The little tree was sprayed with Fresh Lime Dylusions Ink Spray and once dry I dipped in Glossy Accents here and there and added Shabby Shutters Distress Glitter.
My little tree wasn’t very stable once adhered in place, so I used a fence die cut from black cardstock to help hold it up. And the fence looks great in there so two birds and one stone.
To the back of the clock I added some designer paper using Gel Medium and once dry adhered some Letterpress Blocks and a WordBand. The blocks were originally painted with Black Gesso and Crackle Paint but they were too dark so I touched them up with white acrylic paint.
For a final touch I die cut a spider from shimmery cardstock, added a bit of tissue tape to the base, and then attached the spider with a foam dimensional. Finished the spider with a bit of baker’s twine.
And one final shot of the outside of the clock. I dyed some silk ribbon (May Arts) with more of the Fresh Lime Dylusions Ink Spray and tied in a double bow. Attached a few charms using a bit of green jute.
Coupon Alert! If you are shopping at the Inspiration Emporium you can use coupon code fatcatstamper for 10% off your order. Pictured below are links to some of the products I used to create this project.