Monday, September 29, 2014

Holiday Penguin and Creative Hop

Hello, crafty friends.

Been a super busy day on my blog already but I wanted to share yet one more project. This one is a redo… I really didn’t like the original tag so I scrapped it and started over. Sometimes you just have to do that. ;) And it was worth the effort as I just love the clean feel and sharp contrast between the colors. I did save the penguin from the first tag and the little embossed star.

HappyHolidaysPenguin_A_DanielleLounds

Super cute, right? Any questions, just let me know!

HappyHolidaysPenguin_B_DanielleLounds

Crafty Hop!!!

In other news, the amazingly talented Tracy Valure nominated me for the Crafty Hop! Wow! What an honor! I love the idea of this hop because it can just keep going, introducing us to bloggers we may never have met otherwise. So how does it work? I answer a few questions and then nominate a few other bloggers to take part in the hop. So here goes:

What am I working on now? At the moment I feel like a ping pong ball that is flying every which way. I have some small Halloween/Fall d├ęcor projects I want to work on, Christmas tags that I’m designing for a crafty day with some local friends, normal design work, and I just finished up some illustrations for Valentine’s Day for Taylored Expressions. Like I said, all over the place! I just hope I have time to do it all!

How does my work differ from others in the same genre? Hmm… probably one of the ways that I differ is that I’m always messing with something new. Whether it is using a new coloring medium, practicing a technique, or playing with a new embellishment. It doesn’t always turn out but it is fun! And I love texture and foam dimensionals. At the very least I will use Glossy Accents on a project.

Why do I create what I do? Because it is fun! I work as a software engineer during the day so it is a nice change of pace to do something completely different in my free time.

How does my create process work? 80% of the time it goes something like this: I start with a stamp set, or in the case of a 3-D project the item I want to decorate. From there I pick my color scheme – designer paper is a great way to kick start this. Once I have my images and colors I pick a general layout. I might start with a sketch but usually I just wing it based on the images I want to use. Once the images, colors, and layout are decided I usually start to throw on embellishments and pick a sentiment. The rest of the time I’m usually playing along with a challenge so it kick starts the process.

Who am I nominating?

Torico – Stampardise: I love her crafty style, such a great eye for layouts and color. I’m also a huge fan of her illustrations. If you follow her on Instagram she has been posting the cutest little quick doodles.

Tobi Crawford – Tobi’s Place: fantastic card maker and mixed media artist: she always has something colorful and fun to inspire.

Wanda Guess – A Blog Called Wanda: Bright. Cheery. Beautiful. That is what I think when I look at her amazing cards.

Hopefully these talented ladies will be able to play along next week. But even if they don’t, still stop by and check out their inspiring blogs.  :)

Supplies used on tag:

2 comments:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)