Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September TE Sneak Peeks: Spooky Cat and Full Moon

Hello crafty friends -

I’m back today with more samples using new TE stamps that I illustrated. It was a delight to create these images as I just love Halloween! Also, as I mentioned on Monday this month’s release is extra special for the following reasons:

  • It’s TE’s sixth birthday!
  • To celebrate, along with new stamps and dies, we are releasing our very own line of patterned paper and coordinating cardstock, as well as our own Embossing Folders.
  • Visit the TE Blog for a fun sketch challenge with a $250 prize gift certificate.

For my first card I used the new Spooky Cat a la Carte stamp.

SpookyCat_A_DanielleLounds

I stamped the image on Kraft and cut out with the Gift Card Frame. I stamped a second time on Choice Snow White cardstock and after coloring the cat and moon cut out that portion. Used some dimensional tape to adhere the cat to the kraft layer. Used the Tall & Skinny Alpha dies to cut “boo” out of dark orange cardstock multiple times. After adhering the letters together they were coated with Glossy Accents. Once dry I glued them to the card base as an accent. Also added some designer paper to the background and as strips and finished with some jute and gold sequins. I don’t have the new TE Sequins but I plan on adding them to my collection.

SpookyCat_B_DanielleLounds

For my second card I used the Full Moon a la carte to create a simple water colored scene. First I stamped in VersaMark and then heat embossed with Black embossing powder. I like to use the embossing powder instead of just using black ink because it helps to keep the colors contained to the areas I want them.

GraveyardScene_A_DanielleLounds

Once colored and dry I added a touch of Glossy Accents to the “Happy Halloween”"”.

GraveyardScene_B_DanielleLounds

Thanks for visiting, crafty friends! If you'd like to see more projects and new product information, please head over to the TE Blog for a complete blog roll of our participating designers!

Spooky Cat Card
Stamps: Spooky Cat (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Marshmallow and Black (Bazzill), Kraft, Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Frightful Designer (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Dies: Tall & Skinny Alpha (Taylored Expressions), gift card frame (Taylored Expressions).
Accessories: 1/2" Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Glossy Accents, Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen, jute, gold sequins.

Full Moon Card
Stamps: Full Moon (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Marshmallow and Black (Bazzill Card Shoppe), water color paper.
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Black embossing powder (Ranger), Sakura Koi Water Colors, heavy duty white thread, sewing machine, foam tape.

2 comments:

  1. Danielle, I confess I like your "fat cat" card best! It's just the fun cat :); Your full moon is excellent too though! Perfect for Dia del los muertos, that's for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations!!! Love that kitty and your beautiful wAtercoloring! So great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)