Monday, September 15, 2014

SPDSS11: Happy Fall Y’all

Hello crafty friends -

It is time for another sketch challenge at SugarPea Designs and this one has a delightful layout. It also forced me to do something I don’t usually do: cut off a piece of an image. Gasp. In this case I shortened the sweet image from Bountiful Blessings by cutting it out using a circle die. Sorry dearie, I had to leave your feet behind. ;)

HappyFallYall_A_DanielleLounds

Here is a look at the sketch:

10409290_10152320811866868_4137848488442954750_n

I used some burlap ribbon and washi tape to add additional detail to my layers of designer paper. The green of the burlap also helped to tie in the green that I used on the main image since there was none in the designer paper. Added a few enamel dots for embellishment and as usual the main image was colored with Copic markers and accented with a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen and Glossy Accents.

HappyFallYall_B_DanielleLounds

If you play along with our sketch challenge there is a wonderful prize.

You just need to follow a few little rules:

  • Play along with any stamp you like - but if you use SugarPea Designs, we'll top your voucher up to $15!
  • Feel free to rotate/flip the sketch, or exchange any shapes for what works with your design, just make sure the sketch is recognizable!
  • Combine our sketch with any other challenge(s) (except another sketch!)
  • Upload to your blog or other online gallery using keyword: SPDSS11 so that we may check out your beautiful work Add your link to the linkup on the SugarPea Blog. You'll find our current challenges on the sidebar.

For my card today I used the new Bountiful Blessings stamp set which you can find in the SugarPea Designs store HERE.

10514492_10152320811981868_3682127925776773645_n

2 comments:

  1. Such lovely coloring Danielle. I love that textured piece. And washi tape.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)