Friday, October 10, 2014

Sweet 2 Repeat Blog Hop: Brain dead

Hello, sweet friends!

Welcome to the SugarPea Designs Sweet 2 Repeat Blog Hop where we showcase our  newest release! Now that you’ve had a chance to add these sweet sets to your SugarPea collection, we’re bringing you even more inspiration.

10419632_10152192150216868_2280780313217146598_n

For today’s sample, I thought it would be fun to use the new Undying Love stamp set to make a belated birthday card. I even have someone that I need to send this card to… pronto!

S2R_BrainDead_A_DanielleLounds

I went a bit crazy with the layers and embellishments on this project but I LOVE how it turned out. And I only needed to swap out the designer paper one time before I was happy with the color scheme. The boy zombie and the coordinating sentiment are both from the Undying Love set. The bit of designer paper is an oldie from last year – Tricks and Treats from Pebbles.

For the diecutting/embossing I used a couple of oldies but goodies AND some brand new toys: Bracket Tab and Stitched Circle Dies from MFT – couple of my all time faves, Little Bits – Ghosts from TE, and a brand new Zig Zag embossing folder from TE.

S2R_BrainDead_B_DanielleLounds

Of course it wouldn’t be completed until I added some ribbon and sequins.

S2R_BrainDead_C_DanielleLounds

So what do you think? Cute but just a bit creepy, right?  Be sure to hop along and leave a comment at each stop along the way for a chance to win $20 to spend in the SugarPea Designs Online Shoppe!

10702050_10152704431674847_3057141931857444204_n

Here is a peek at the full stamp set that I used to make my card, Undying Love:

10580136_10152320812401868_4536202864425933640_n

And check out the following designers for more fabulous samples:

20 comments:

  1. Who thought zombies could be so cute? Great card. I like all the different patterned papers. Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great card! I love all things zombie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny, I need to pick these zombies up. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The layers and the way you used the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was worried no one used this set today and I figured everyone would so I didn't!!! LOL This is great GF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the layering, I think it's the right amount of crazy! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. The different elements look great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Fabulous layers & such a cute & creepy zombie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this image!! It is hilarious & would fit many card occasions!! Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card. Love the little ghosts in the corners.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't "do" zombies. Never got into that craze. BUT I think this image paired with that sentiment is perfect. Because, I am always late with birthday cards. so, you just might have won me over. : ) This card is fabulous; I love the layout and all the little details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you did him Danielle. This card is so fun and designed with perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, it IS cute and a little creepy. Well done and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!! Fabulous card! I have this, so thanks for the wonderful inspiration for this stamp set!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute. The way it's colored, I thought frazzled business man, rather than zombie. A great way to use this set year-round!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very clever use of the stamp and the sentiment. Love the coloring, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)