Tuesday, November 4, 2014

TE November Sneak Peeks: Tag-a-long Autumn and Build a Tag 1

Hello, crafty friends -

Today is the second day of sneak peeks for the latest release from Taylored Expressions. I have some fun goodies to share with you today. As you may have noticed from visiting my blog in the past, I really like making tags. A lot. And I love little texture-y accents. So a few months ago I suggested a few tag and accent die ideas… and after a bunch of collaborating the Build-a-Tag 1 die set and Skinny Mini Borders came to be! Woot! Of course, a tag set would be lonely without coordinating stamps, so the Tag-a-long Autumn set was created.

Since I love making tags so much I have not one but four different tag ideas to share with you. I used both of the die sets and the just the one stamp set. I don’t have them, but I’ve heard there is also a die set for cutting out some of the Tag-a-long Autumn images. I don’t have them yet, so I had to cut out the leaves on this tag by hand:

GiveThanksWithLeavesTag_A_DanielleLounds

I used the tag die and coordinating banner and background to cut out all of the elements. I used a skinny mini border die that I cut down to size (cut out the middle section) for the silvery accent behind the polka dot panel. Added some sequins, jute, and washi tape as accents.

GiveThanksWithLeavesTag_B_DanielleLounds

A bit of foam tape was used to adhere the layers together and I topped the tag with an eyelet and some baker’s twine.

Recipe: Stamps: Tag-a-long Autumn (TE)
Paper: Sugar Cube (TE), Toffee (TE), Silver Opal, Into the Woods Designer (Lawn Fawn).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Pumpkin Pie and Marigold Morning (SU!).
Dies: Build a Tag 1 (TE), Skinny Mini Borders (TE).
Accessories: sequins, eyelet, baker's twine, jute (May Arts), washi tape (Queen & Co.), foam tape.

For my second tag, I went super simple. Quick and easy can also be very cute and colorful.

MuchAppreciatedTag_DanielleLounds

Recipe: Stamps: Tag-a-long Autumn (TE)
Paper: Toffee (TE), Into the Woods Designer (Lawn Fawn).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Bahama Blue Memento Luxe (Tsukineko), VersaMark.
Dies: Build a Tag 1 (TE).
Accessories: enamel dots, baker's twine.

For my third tag, I used the sketchy circle stamp to add texture to the background using white embossing powder. I’m very fond of the white on white look when going the elegant route.

ThankfulAppleTag_A_DanielleLounds

I colored the stem and the leaf of the apple with Copic markers and paper pieced the rest of the image. Used another skinny mini border and some ivory jute for texture.

ThankfulAppleTag_B_DanielleLounds

Do you like that stitched edge? I’m very fond of adding stitching to amp up the texture of a layer, and this die has it built in. Awesome sauce.

Recipe: Stamps: Tag-a-long Autumn (TE)
Paper: Sugar Cube (TE), Designer (Fancy Pants), Dark Chocolate (Bazzill).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), copic markers, VersaMark (Tsukineko).
Dies: Build a Tag 1 (TE), Skinny Mini Borders (TE).
Accessories: jute (May Arts), White embossing powder (Ranger), white gel pen, red baker's twine, foam tape.

For my fourth and final tag today, I broke out the Copic markers and did a bit of coloring. I’m very fond of this little cat sitting in a whirlwind of leaves. So very Fall.

ThankfulCat_A_DanielleLounds

Added a die cut leaf, clip, and burlap ribbon for texture.

ThankfulCat_B_DanielleLounds

For a final touch I added some Glossy Accents to the little leaves.

Recipe: Stamps: Tag-a-long Autumn (TE)
Paper: Sugar Cube (TE), Designer (Fancy Pants), Into the Woods Designer (Lawn Fawn.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), copic markers.
Dies: Build a Tag 1 (TE).
Accessories: Green burlap ribbon (May Arts), green baker's twine, foam tape, mini clip (Idea-ology), Glossy Accents (Ranger).

TECircleLogoPartyHat1

Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win.

Thanks for visiting, crafty friends! If you'd like to see more projects and new product information, please head over to the TE Blog for a complete blog roll of our participating designers!

5 comments:

  1. 100% completely FABULOUS!!! Loving all of your collaborations with TE - so great!!! The Fall mailbox is now one of my favs! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great tags--I just love the kitty!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tags, your first one has so many layers, but it looks really good. Of course, my fav is the kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. My favorite is the apple one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - love this tag die and the skiny mini border dies. And the cat is fabulous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)