Thursday, December 11, 2014

TE Release Day: Valentine Grumplings

Hello, crafty friends -

Today is the day when all of the new Taylored Expressions pretties are available for purchase. I’ve added a few items to my shopping list. How about you?

I haven’t had a ton of time to craft the last couple of weeks as I was buried under a few illustrating projects, traveling for Thanksgiving, and doing some serious Christmas shopping. But I had to give some loving on the new Valentine Grumplings stamp set. I was a very happy illustrator when Taylor okayed this set after the release of Party Grumplings was a success. Hint hint – if you want to see more Grumplings in the future you know what to do. Lol. ;)

For my first two cards I used the bat and pig images. Love the coordinating sentiments the team developed. This are small cards, with the base measuring 4.25” tall by 2.75” wide.

VGrumplings_A_DanielleLounds

The images were colored with Copic markers and I did a bit of paper piecing with designer paper.

VGrumplings_B_DanielleLounds

I kept the embellishments simple and just used a bit of burlap ribbon (May Arts) and  a few enamel dots (My Mind’s Eye).

VGrumplings_C_DanielleLounds

I have yet another card, this time a full size one that features the adorable stinky skunk. One little flower is not going to do the job of covering your aroma. ;)

ValentineGrumplingsSample_DanielleLounds

I colored the image and cut out. Used a couple of designer papers, washi tape and just a bit of Salt Water Taffy cardstock. The little green heart was cut out using a die from the Build-a-Tag 2 die set. Finished with a couple of pink rhinestones.

Thanks for visiting, crafty friends! If you'd like to see more projects and new product information, please head over to the TE Blog for a complete blog roll of our participating designers!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute cards Danielle. Love those stinking cute images and the burlap piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)