Saturday, January 3, 2015

C4C267: Clean and Simple Thanks

Hello, Crafty Friends -

For my second card of the year I have my take on the latest challenge from Crazy 4 Challenges. This week the team is ringing the New Year in with a Clean and Simple Challenge.

I think I accomplished the “clean” part of the challenge but it isn’t the “simplest” card that I have ever made. ;)

C4C267_CASThanks_A_DanielleLounds

I used a mix of products from Taylored Expressions and MFT Stamps. The delightful “heartfelt Thanks” sentiment is from the In & Out Thanks stamp set, which features some amazing font styles and oodles of different sentiments that you can build. I stamped the sentiment using Memento Luxe Pigment Ink on white cardstock. I also used the Lots of Dots Embossing Folder from TE to emboss the Taffy cardstock (Bazzill Card Shoppe).

C4C267_CASThanks_B_DanielleLounds

I wanted a bit more texture on the card so I used Small Chevron Stripes Stencil from MFT Stamps to ink up a piece of white cardstock with VersaMark embossing ink. I then coated the paper with White Embossing Powder (Ranger) and heat set.

Once cooled I used the Stitched Square Stax from MFT Stamps to cut out four little squares.

C4C267_CASThanks_C_DanielleLounds

To embellish I used some white crinkle ribbon from May Arts that I tied into a bow along the top of the embossed panel. I finished with a few bright green enamel dots.

So, is it clean and simple enough? Or should I have my dimensional tape taken away. lol.

3 comments:

  1. I love this card, clean for sure...but not exactly simple. At first glance you might think so though. Love the little stitched squares over that gorgeous chevron embossed cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I meant WITH that embossed cardstock. Typing on my phone :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)