Thursday, January 1, 2015

NON11: Something new

Hello and Happy New Year!

I’m excited for this year and what it will bring. I don’t have any big changes planned but do have a few things I would like to accomplish. One of those is to use the crafty stuff I acquire/buy. I have a pile of stuff that I just love but haven’t had time to use. Happily the first Naughty or Nice Challenge of the year is to use something new. And I used three new items on this card:

AwesomePenguinsNON12_A_DanielleLounds

For all of the details on the challenge and to participate head over to the Naughty or Nice Challenge Blog. There is also some great inspiration that the team is sharing with you.

Print

If you haven’t guessed, I went nice for my card. The new items? Several stamp sets and a set of dies that I picked up over the last couple of months. The little penguin and ice float are from Artic Penguins (Mama Elephant) and after stamping they were die cut using the coordinating Artic Penguins die set.

AwesomePenguinsNON12_B_DanielleLounds

The fabulous sentiment is from the Uplifters set (Paper Smooches) and was stamped in VersaMark and heat set with black embossing powder (Ranger).

For the background I applied Sakura Koi watercolors to the BG Fine Chevron Background (MFT Stamps) and stamped on white cardstock. Once dry I embellished with a bit of tissue tape (Idea-ology) and designer paper (Doodlebug).

AwesomePenguinsNON12_C_DanielleLounds

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

2 comments:

  1. An adorable piece of cardmaking magic! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the subtle background! And of course the whole scene is so cute and... nice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)