Saturday, February 28, 2015

C4C275: Water Scene

Hello Crafty Friends -

Wasn’t feeling the greatest yesterday night and this morning (hello, headache!) but after an Advil and a nap I recovered. Enough to finally make a card for this week’s challenge from Crazy 4 Challenges. Kelli wants us to create a card featuring a water scene. You can find all of the details on the challenge and more great samples HERE.

LoveyFrogs_A_DanielleLounds

For my take on the challenge I used a couple of stamps from Whipper Snapper Designs: Dock Date and Friendly Expressions. I do love their images, sadly I don’t have enough time to use them more often. Sob, sob, sob. ;)

Since it is such a large image I didn’t try to do much with the layout. I stamped the image in Jet Black Archival Ink on water color paper and colored with Sakura Koi Water Colors. Once dry I cut the image out using a stitched rectangle die from Lawn Fawn. After stamping the sentiment I embellished with a bit of ribbon, washi tape, and enamel dots. Finished by attaching the main panel to a white card base using foam tape.

LoveyFrogs_B_DanielleLounds

Thanks for stopping by. I’ll be back early tomorrow with more ribbit-y goodness for the March Naughty or Nice challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Danielle...so glad you are feeling better! This is super cute...love those froggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love all the little details like the washi tape, enamel dots & those adorable frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great water scene, lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)