Thursday, March 5, 2015

TE March Release Day: If Cats Could Talk

Hello Crafty Friends -

I’m delighted to say that today is release day over at Taylored Expressions. All of the amazing goodies that Taylor and the team have been sneak peeking are now available for purchase. Did you see the wood grain embossing folder? That is on my must have list, and a few other items.

But before I go shopping I thought I would share a couple more projects. Today I used the If Cats Could Talk set to make a couple of cards.

CoolCat_A_DanielleLounds

Heh. I have a few people that would appreciate this card and even though there are ribbons and sequins I think it is gender neutral. Or close enough! ;) For the layout I used Retrosketches #155. There are a few extra elements but you should be able to see the layout. I went with the super big grin expression when stamping the kitty for this card. It is one of eight different faces included with the set.

CoolCat_B_DanielleLounds

For my second card I went with a nervous expression and stamped a little spider to create a scene. Well, in comparison to the cat, it is actually a ridiculously HUGE spider. Run! Quickly! And maybe scream a bit.

ScaredyCat_A_DanielleLounds

I colored the cat and scene with Copic markers and then coated the kitty’s nose and the spider with Glossy Accents. Shiny.

I used another layout to kick start the creativity, this time it is the latest Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #258.

ScaredyCat_B_DanielleLounds

The coordinating sentiment was stamped on vellum and trimmed into a flag.

ScaredyCat_C_DanielleLounds

So, do you have a favorite face? I’m a bit partial to the cheesy grin.

Thanks for visiting, crafty friends! If you'd like to see more projects and new product information, please head over to the TE Blog for a complete blog roll of our participating designers!

Cool Cat Card Recipe:
Stamps: If Cats Could Talk
Dies: Star Stacklets (Taylored Expressions).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers.
Paper: Salt Water Taffy (Taylored Expressions), Butter Mints and Peanut Cluster Card Shoppe (Bazzill), designer (Doodlebug).
Accessories: ivory jute and turquoise striped twill (May Arts), washi tape (October Afternoon), foam tape (Taylored Expressions), sequins, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

Scaredy Cat Card Recipe:
Stamps: If Cats Could Talk
Dies: Lots of Dots Embossing Folder (Taylored Expressions), Circle (Spellbinders).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers.
Paper: Salt Water Taffy, Oreo, and Sugar Cube (Taylored Expressions), various designer, vellum.
Accessories: foam tape (Taylored Expressions), enamel dots, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), paper piercer, Glossy Accents (Ranger).

5 comments:

  1. Darling cards Danielle. Love the sweet images. Fantastic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, these make me chuckle! What a great cards from such a fun set, Danielle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are darling, Danielle! I'd be running away from that spider if it was bigger than my paw, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are darling, Danielle! I'd be running away from that spider if it was bigger than my paw, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)