Wednesday, March 4, 2015

TE March Sneak Peeks: If Dogs Could Talk

Hello Hello!

I’m excited to pop in today with a sneak peek at a set I illustrated for the Taylored Expressions March Release. I actually have two sets this month: If Dogs Could Talk and If Cats Could Talk, but I’m only sharing a peek of the first today. I’ll be back tomorrow with a couple of cards that use the second set.

I used the set and the previously released Build A Tag 2 die det to create a cute set of tags. I was in the mood for texture so I cut five white tags and then cut five more from various texture-y stuff: felt, wood veneer, and cork. I then layered the texture-y stuff to the white tags and added a jumbo eyelet.

IfDogsCouldTalk_5Tags_DanielleLounds

After that I stamped the pups on white cardstock and cut out with the coordinating die. I then stamped the pups on designer paper and paper pieced the images. I used a different face stamp on each dog. You read that right – there are 8 different faces so you can give the puppy a variety of moods. :) I was so excited when Taylor okayed the concept. And, as usual, the Taylored Expressions team came up with some great coordinating sentiments.

I thought you would like to see each tag close up. First, we have a pup who was just told something mind boggling…

IfDogsCouldTalk_ATag_DanielleLounds

This one has had a bad day…

IfDogsCouldTalk_BTag_DanielleLounds

This little guy is just extra happy to see you…

IfDogsCouldTalk_CTag_DanielleLounds

And sometimes you just need to sport a cheesy grin…

IfDogsCouldTalk_DTag_DanielleLounds

Of course, there are also those days when you have a tummy ache…

IfDogsCouldTalk_ETag_DanielleLounds

So which is your favorite? I’d be delighted to know.

TECircleLogoPartyHat1

Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win.

Thanks for visiting, crafty friends! If you'd like to see more projects and new product information, please head over to the TE Blog for a complete blog roll of our participating designers!

Recipe:
Stamps: If Dogs Could Talk
Dies: Build a Tag 2
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Paper: Salt Water Taffy and Sugar Cube (Taylored Expressions), wood veener (EK Success), designer (Fancy Pants).
Accessories: felt, cork, twine (The Twinery), burlap ribbon (May Arts), foam tape (Taylored Expressions), jumbo eyelet (SU!).

6 comments:

  1. Your tags are adorable! I love this set and am looking forward to playing with it A LOT more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, love the tags. That was a terrific idea to use these on, they look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I really like the cheesy grin, but the "You did What?" look runs a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fabulous tags, Danielle...the little pups are all sooo cute!!! I love both the cat and dog sets and all the faces...such a genius idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tummy ache card! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Love all the different textures you used for the tags! Both of your sets are too cute - love all the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)