Saturday, April 4, 2015

C4C280: Daisies

Hello! I have a lot to accomplish this weekend but I’m excited to say that there should be some time to get crafty! And maybe even sleep in. Woot! ;)

I used a bit of my crafty time to create a card for this week’s challenge from Crazy 4 Challenges: C4C280 to make a project that includes a daisy of some kind. I went simple and used a daisy image from the Oops a Daisy set from Taylored Expressions.

C4C280_Daisies_A_DanielleLounds

I’m not sure I should admit this but it took me three attempts to get a look I liked. I wanted a white embossed daisy but wanted to color the background so it would pop a bit from the white cardstock. Simple ended up being the winner. I stamped the daisy on watercolor paper and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I then used Sakura Koi watercolors and a water brush to added a handful or so of swipes of color. Very quick to do. For just a bit more depth I spritzed the background with a Color Spritzer and the Tim Holtz Weathered Wood Distress Marker from Ranger. I used a baby wipe and gently removed any color that was still on the embossed portion of the image.

C4C280_Daisies_B_DanielleLounds

A coordinating sentiment and some enamel dots added some additional color to the card. I kept the rest of the elements and cardstock in neutral colors.

Thanks for stopping by – if you have any questions just let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I love this - perfect card for the C4C challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)