Saturday, June 27, 2015

C4C292: Tree-some goodness

Hello, Crafty Friends!

This week is my last week acting as hostess over at Crazy 4 Challenges and I decided to challenge you to use one of my favorite things: a tree or a branch on your project! I took my project a step further and used one of my favorite trees, the apple tree. What isn’t to love? Creates oxygen, provides leafy shade, and grows a really great sweet treat (apple pie… nom nom nom)! Make sure to head over to the C4C Blog for all of the details on the challenge and to see more tree-some great samples.

C4C292_TreesAreAwesome_A_DanielleLounds

For my card I used a sweet Rachel Anne Miller image from Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps: I Pick YOU. The sentiment is from one of my sets from Taylored Expressions: If Cats Could Talk. I colored the image with Copic markers and accented with a bit of Glossy Accents and glitter.

C4C292_TreesAreAwesome_B_DanielleLounds

I used a bit of designer paper as an accent strip. To create the softer red/green background I used a stencil from MFT Stamps and Sakura Koi Watercolors to paint a bit of color onto watercolor paper.

C4C292_TreesAreAwesome_C_DanielleLounds

Added a bit more texture by adding a few enamel dots and tied a baker’s twine bow.

Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions just let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)