Wednesday, July 1, 2015

NON17: Seeing stars

Hello friends -

It is the first of the month which means it is time for another Naughty or Nice Challenge! I do so enjoy these challenges because they are the perfect opportunity to break out some of my snarkier stamp sets and sentiments!

WooFreakinHooBear_A_DanielleLounds

 

This month’s challenge is a tough one. All you need to do is include a star or stars on your project. So difficult! ;)

Print

For my project I used the Tim Holtz Star Stencil and some Wild Honey Distress Stain Spray to create a bright background. How? I laid the stencil over a piece of watercolor paper and they sprayed. I removed the stencil and let the sprayed background set for a minute or two. This allowed the ink to really soak into the paper. I then took a baby wipe and swiped it across the background. This picked up the excess ink and filled in the background with a lighter shade of the ink. The background looks two toned but it was really just one color.

WooFreakinHooBear_B_DanielleLounds

The bear and sentiment are from the Party Grumplings set I illustrated for Taylored Expressions. I also used a couple of dies from the Build a Tag 4 die set.

Thanks for stopping by and if you have any questions just let me know. Make sure to head over to the Naughty or Nice Challenge Blog for more details on the challenge and to see additional samples.

3 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable - make me laugh and its a delight for the eyes too, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your star background is impressive — I am positive that if I tried that, it would be one smeary mess. And this card is so awesome! Love the expression on the party grumbling's face. (You should come over and play with the Snarky Sisters some time if you like snark!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat little trick :) I'm with Lindsey - I'm sure mine wouldn't look like that either lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)