Saturday, August 15, 2015

C4C299: Abra-ca I don’t care

Hello crafty friends -

It is Saturday which means it is time for another challenge from Crazy4Challenges. I’m still lovin’ on the latest Taylored Expressions release so I used some of the new items on my card today. In particular, I used the fairy cat from Grumplings in Costume and made a card that could be used for Halloween or just for fun.

C4C299_AbracDontCare_A_DanielleLounds

I based my card on this week’s sketch challenge. You can find all of the details on the challenge and more samples from the design team HERE. I did tweak the sketch a bit so that I could make a tall card instead of a square card.

C4C299Sketch

I stamped the cat image and colored with Copic markers. I then used the coordinating Grumplings in Costume dies to cut her out. I also used a die from Build a Tag 5 to cut a panel from Lavender Glaze cardstock. I also cut a 3 1/4” square from a piece of orange polka dot paper from the Rainbow Brights paper pack.

I stamped a coordinating sentiment on kraft cardstock and assembled all of the pieces using copious amounts of foam tape. I finished with a few sequins from the Build a Scene Halloween TE sequins.

C4C299_AbracDontCare_B_DanielleLounds

So what do you think? I must admit this was one of my favorite grumplings to illustrate. Of course, I say that about all of them! ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Totally excellent! Love your colours too, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the giggle.......super cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this card just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)