Sunday, August 2, 2015

NON18: Fun in the sun

Hello, crafty friends -

The start of the new month also means another challenge from Naughty or Nice Challenges. This month we are enjoying summer and all of the Fun in the Sun moments.

NON18_FunInTheSun_A_DanielleLounds

You can find all of the details on the challenge and more samples on the Naughty or Nice Challenge Blog. We’d love for you to participate.

Print

For my card, I used one of my illustrations for Taylored Expressions: Mischief Maker at the Beach. I stamped the little girl and the sandcastle in Archival Jet Black ink on watercolor paper and then colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I’m still learning and I had to toss my first try but I’m loving how this one turned out. But I need a different color of brown… not loving the selection that I have when it comes to coloring hair. I added a bit of glitter here and there with a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush pen to mimic the sparkle of sand. It is much more sparkly in real life. I also added Glossy Accents to the flags and the polka dots on her bikini.

NON18_FunInTheSun_B_DanielleLounds

I completed the scene by adding a couple of die cuts. First I cut a couple of clouds from watercolor paper using the small die from the Cloud Duo set from Taylored Expressions. On another piece of watercolor paper that I colored with a yellow marker I die cut a sun using the Spring Showers die set from Lawn Fawn. After cutting I adding a bit more yellow to the sun.

NON18_FunInTheSun_C_DanielleLounds

To finish I stamped a sentiment from It’s a Banner Day 2 (Taylored Expressions) on a strip of cardstock and added a few shiny sequins.

Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions just let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Even if she is a mischief-maker, this is a perfectly sweet card, Danielle! I love your colouring and the scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, Danielle... She does have a slightly mischievous grin doesn't she! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, my! this is one darling card, Danielle. LOVE how she turned out and the whole scene is fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)