Thursday, August 6, 2015

TE Release Day: You’ve Got Mail–Halloween

Hello, Crafty Friends -

I’m delighted to say that today is release day over at Taylored Expressions. All of the fun new stamps, dies, and accessories that the awesome design team have been sneak peeking are now available for purchase. I must admit that I have a lengthy shopping list myself. I just cannot resist Halloween cuteness!

But first I have another Halloween card to share. This one features the latest addition to the mailbox line of stamps I have been illustrating: You’ve Got Mail – Halloween.

YouveGotMailHalloweenSample_A_DanielleLounds

So, I intended to make a clean and simple card… yeah, that didn’t happen at all! Instead I added almost all of my favorite embellishments: tag, ribbon, jute, washi tape, designer paper, die cuts, and sequins. Even though it isn’t what I intended to make when I sat down I love how it turned out!

I stamped the mailbox on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. The image was then cut out with the tattered edge tag die from the new Build A Tag 5 die set. I also used the circle embellishment die to cut out a spider from black cardstock. I adhered some jute to his bottom to mimic the look of a spider hanging from a web.

YouveGotMailHalloweenSample_B_DanielleLounds

I used the Little Bits – Ghosts dies from last year to cut out a couple of light green ghosties from Potato Chip cardstock. They kind of look like they glow in the dark. The “trick or treat” sentiment is actually from the new Grumplings in Costume stamp set. I just omitted the rest of the sentiment.

YouveGotMailHalloweenSample_C_DanielleLounds

For more texture I embellished the main image with Glossy Accents and a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush pen. I may have gone overboard with the foam tape. Just a little bit. ;)

YouveGotMailHalloweenSample_D_DanielleLounds

Thanks for visiting! If you'd like to see more projects and new product information, please head over to the TE Blog for a complete blog roll of our participating designers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)