Monday, August 31, 2015

TE Sneak Peeks: Balloon Buddies

Hello, Crafty Friends -

There is a lot of fun in store for this week and it begins with sneak peeks for the latest release from Taylored Expressions. This release has a ton of happy, lots of celebrating, and just a bit of grumpy. Today I’m kicking off the celebrating with a couple of projects using the new Balloon Buddies stamp set and coordinating dies.

BalloonBuddiesSample_A_DanielleLounds

I had plenty of fun illustrating these critters and I must admit to being extra fond of the monkey. Such big ears. Lol. I used the elephant image to decorate the card.

For the card and tag I stamped and colored two of each image. The first images I cut out with the coordinating dies and from the second images I cut out portions of the image that could be layered over the first for extra dimension.

BalloonBuddiesSample_B_DanielleLounds

I also used some previously released dies to cut various tag elements: Build a Tag 4 and Gridlocked. I used a 1 3/8” circle punch to cut out the sentiment. For a bit of shine I backed the Gridlocked die cuts with acetate.

BalloonBuddiesSample_C_DanielleLounds

And those sequins? They are from the Taylored Expressions Build a Scene Halloween sequin mix. I also applied a bit of Glossy Accents to the monkey’s balloon. Shiny!

BalloonBuddiesSample_D_DanielleLounds

So what do you think? I’d be delighted to read any comments you have.

TECircleLogoPartyHat1

Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win.

Thanks for visiting! If you'd like to see more projects and new product information, please head over to the TE Blog for a complete list of our participating designers!

Recipe:
Stamps and Dies: Balloon Buddies stamp set and coordinating dies, Build a Tag 4 dies, Gridlocked Tag die (TE).
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers.
Paper: Sugar Cube, Cookie Monster, Salt Water Taffy, Plum Pudding, Lavender Glaze cardstock (TE).
Accessories:
Build a Scene Halloween sequins (TE), Glossy Accents (Ranger), foam tape, bakers twine.

7 comments:

  1. Adorable card and tag! Gorgeous colors used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the balloon buddies. Your windows look gorgeous especially the way you backed the first one, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are terrific! Love the windows effect, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable tag and card! That window is too cool and love those new balloon critters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love window cards. Yours are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those sequins ! Your animals are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and tag- the elephant is so cute but that monkey is quite fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)