Wednesday, August 5, 2015

TE Sneak Peeks: Tag-a-long Halloween

Hello! It is another great day of sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions. And I have more Halloween goodness to share. I have oodles of fun making gift bags and tags for Halloween and I’m excited to share that there are a couple new items to help with that.

I collaborated with Taylor on another tag set: Build a Tag 5. I’m always excited to see the final set and what she picked from my ideas and added to complete it (love that spider and tiny tag!). This time around the potion bottles I designed made it into their own little bit set.

Of course, Halloween tags would be lonely without some spooky artwork so the Tag-a-long Halloween set was created. I’m especially happy with the witchy cat so I used him on a tag and some tasty potion bottles on another. Yummy. ;)

TagalongHalloweenSample_A_DanielleLounds

I used the tattered edge tag die (cut from potato chip cardstock) and the stitched arched panel as the main layers of my tags. I also added a strip of designer paper from the Build a Scene paper pack.

To create the gooey partially painted look on the arched panel I covered a piece of cardstock with a sheet of adhesive foil (Ranger) and then die cut. I applied Cracked Pistachio Distress Paint over the panel, leaving areas here and there bare. I then mostly dried it with a heat tool and rubbed off some of the still wet paint.

TagalongHalloweenSample_B_DanielleLounds

The images were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers. After die cutting with the coordinating dies I used a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush pen here and there. I also applied some Glossy Accents to the eyeballs in the potion bottle.

TagalongHalloweenSample_C_DanielleLounds

To finish I stamped a sentiment on woodgrain cardstock and then cut out with an 1 1/8” circle punch. Added a few sequins and a length of orange bakers twine.

TagalongHalloweenSample_D_DanielleLounds

So what do you think? Ready to make a few tags for Halloween? I know I want to make more of them!

TECircleLogoPartyHat1

Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win.

Thanks for visiting! If you'd like to see more projects and new product information, please head over to the TE Blog for a complete blog roll of our participating designers!

6 comments:

  1. Great tags! That cat's expression is perfect! Love this release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tags, Danielle - I love the expression on the cats face and the eye balls potion bottle is genius! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the cats face has such a cute expression. Great tags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tags - the silvery streaks are a great look!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute!!!! Love both your tags, Danielle...the green eyes on the cat crack me up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)