Wednesday, September 30, 2015

TE Sneak Peek Day: Grumplings and Ice Skaters

Hello Crafty Friends -

I’m sharing a couple of projects today using stamps from two new sets that I illustrated for Taylored Expressions. My first project uses the latest addition to the grumpling line: Holiday Grumplings and coordinating Holiday Grumplings dies.

FreezinSeasonSample_A_DanielleLounds

The little snarky cat is back this month and he is very disdainful of the white stuff that usually accompanies the annual festivities. Heh heh. I paired a variety of dies from various sets with a some cheerful designer paper and cardstock. The mittens were die cut from watercolor paper and then watercolored. I added a bit of jute and sequins to tie all of the elements together and stamped a sentiment from the same set in black ink. I finished by adding a bit of Glossy Accents and glitter to his hat.

FreezinSeasonSample_B_DanielleLounds

My second set this month, Critters on Ice and coordinating Critters on Ice dies, is all about embracing the white stuff, especially frozen white stuff. For my card I used the sweet bear image and used a more holiday color scheme of aqua, red, and green.

SkatingBearSample_A_DanielleLounds

Colored Mr. Bear with Copic markers and die cut. I added some shimmer to his hat and skates using a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush pen. embellished with a few sequins and some baker’s twine.

SkatingBearSample_B_DanielleLounds

Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win.

TECircleLogoPartyHat1

Thanks for visiting! If you'd like to see more projects and new product information, please head over to the TE Blog for a complete list of our participating designers!

Freezin’ Season Card
Stamps: Holiday Grumplings (TE)
Paper: Build a Scene designer (TE), Sugar Cube, Toffee, and Sprinkles cardstock (TE).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Archival Jet Black (Ranger), Copic markers, Zig Clean Color Brush markers.
Accessories: Holiday Grumplings dies, Build a Tag 3 dies, Build a Tag 4 dies, and Little Bits - Mittens (TE), Circle die (Spellbinders), jute (May Arts), foam tape (TE), sequins, Glossy Accents (Ranger), Rock Candy Distress Glitter (Ranger), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

Bear on Skates Card
Stamps: Critters on Ice (TE).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Archival Jet Black (Ranger), Copic Markers.
Paper: Sprinkles, Sugar Cube, Toffee cardstock (TE), designer (Basic Grey).
Accessories: Critters on Ice dies (TE), Circle die (Spellbinders), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), 1 3/8" circle punch, baker's twine (The Twinery), foam tape (TE), Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush pen, sequins.

7 comments:

  1. Great cards! I REALLY like all the grumplings sets and can relate to them quite well :) I think that our twirpy Siamese cat is a grumpling. I found my way here from the TE blog, and it's so fun to read that you create these sets—thank you! I sure hope you keep creating more of them and especially more sentiments for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! So glad you like the grumplings. I have to give credit to Taylor and her team for the fantastic sentiments. I jot down a suggestion or two as I'm drawing the images but they really do a great job coming up with them. :)

      Delete
  2. Seriously cute! I love that grumpy cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad I clicked on your blog. I saw the first card on FB, but the second card is just as cute!!! love these, Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super adorable cards (love the expression & sentiment on the Grumplings card!). Beautiful colouring too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)